Students Offering Support (SOS) is a National Charity that develops and supports Chapters in universities across North America. The SOS model, Raising Marks, Raising Money, Raising Roofs, provides a service within which people place genuine value, and is unlike any other organization. Students Offering Support is a unique social enterprise that relies on the passionate student leaders to create positive impact both at home and abroad. Regardless of position, all Students Offering Support volunteers must thoroughly understand, communicate, and embody SOS’ 360 degree model of volunteering.
As an Exam Aid Instructor, you are responsible for reviewing the course material covered in class to students attending your Exam Aid session. You will be developing your presentation skills by explaining the main concepts covered in lecture, reviewing key themes, and answering questions. You will ensure students leave the session having thoroughly understanding of the content through your interactive, engaging presentation.
- Create your own, original presentation based on the material that is provided to you by the Course Coordinator;
- If given a previously used package/session, ensure to tailor the package to your presentation style;
- Work with the Course Coordinator in creating Exam Aid materials;
- Assist the Course Coordinator in compiling Take Home packages for students;
- Ensure Outreach Trip details are included in each Take Home package;
- Ensure all materials are your own generated content, not violating the SOS Copyright Tip Sheet or your University’s Academic Integrity policies;
- Set up a 1-on-1 meeting with the professor(s) of the course to ensure they are aware of the SOS model – in hopes of engaging professors in the SOS community;
- Understand and be able to articulate all aspects of the SOS Model: Raising Marks. Raising Money. Raising Roofs.;
- Attend all meetings and orientation held by the Department of Educational Development.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Over 80% final grade in the course you will be running an Exam Aid Session for;
- You will be asked to demonstrate with an official transcript during your interview.
- Strong desire to work in a team;
- Proven leadership experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to self motivate and complete projects on time;
- A love for learning and a dedication to increase the access to education in Canada and Latin America.
Last modified: March 23, 2021